Monday, June 13, 2011

My niece doesn't think sometimes

So my niece is head over this guy and his name is Blake. He seems like a nice kiddo, but she is so infatuated with this guy that I know soon her heart is going to be crushed. She may do something that she will regret.. maybe not this guy.. maybe not the next.. but she will be so hurt, she'll end up hurting herself because of the pain. The problem with her is that she doesn't know how to balance friends with BF's. I just asked her tonight if Skylar could go swimming with us tomorrow. Skylar is a bright, smart beautiful girl who's got a real good head on her shoulders. She knows what she wants to do with her life. 

Anyways Skylar asked if would be cool if she could come down, and I thought it would be great to have her down. Today was the first time I saw her in person since we've been chatting on FB in October. Jim took the gang including me and Kelsie (Trudys) friend out to Vans which is a great Gyro/Greek restaurant and I saw Skylar there. Anyways. I told her I would love to have her out for a day swimming with Trudy tomorrow but needed to ask Bobby if it was cool, and ask trudy if she had any other plans. Trudy gave me a look like "what do you think...of course not silly" but then goes and asks if Blake could come with us. She doesn't realize that she can't spend time with her and Skylar both. It's gonna cause drama and I see that a mile away already. She's going to be ALL over Blake.. and I'm considering calling the whole thing off.

No comments: