Sunday, May 1, 2011

New carrier...new phone

So we decided it was time to switch phone carriers as we were getting tired of AT&T ripping us off with all the hidden surcharges and move over to Verizon. We all got Android phones which is smart. I don't think I'll ever buy a Windows Mobile phone again.

 I like the idea of open source, and with all the apps in the Market, you can't go wrong. Anyways I got a Motorola Devour. It's a great phone in a lightweight rugged aluminum case, nice slide out keyboard, 3.5in capacitive touch screen, 3mp camera. The screen is very responsive as far as touch is concerned but sluggish when you turn the phone over to landscape mode.

There's two things I hate bout this. The cheesy 3mp camera is sub par for photos. The phone was just released last year in February, yet Motorola has now discontinued it as of March 10th. Why? And to top it off it's running Android 1.6 (Donut) and when I tried to upgrade to 2.2 I can't. It seems as though Motorola pulled the plug on this one. But I love the ruggedness and feel to the case.

I'm debating whether I should return this for a Droid or not. :-)

No comments: