Monday, December 15, 2003

Loss of a loved one

Dec 15, 2003
They say death is a normal process of life. That it's a natural thing. If thats true, why do we react so emotionally about it? I lost my Grandma (Dorithy) last month.

I had talked to her back in October, she sounded so full of energy, and so full of laughter I would’ve never guessed she was so sick. I get a phone call earlier from Reanee telling me that she was worried that Grandma might not make it. So with Jims kind help I arrange to fly down on the 3rd of this month.
I arrive that morning in Kansas City, meet Jim for the first time, give my sister a hug, finally meet Shelby and Conner, and then my sister breaks the news that Grandma had died that morning…..It hurt, it felt like a ton of bricks had just landed on my chest….I was mad at myself too for not being there for her.

I pray for god to remember and be reunited with her in the new system Joh 5:25-29.

No comments: